Friday, April 24, 2009

brazil


What an awesome church!!  Abba Church is located in a city called Curitiba --- a city about 5 hours south of Sao Paolo, Brazil.  The pastor's name Pio and he is an aboslutely outstanding leader of the church of about 6,000 members.  I had the wonderful priveledge to go to Brazil and speak at his church for two nights describing what God is doing in New Vintage Church.  They have a ministry called "Friends of God" that invites friends to come and talk about what God is doing in their part of the world.  What a great idea. The concept is that friends tell friends what they are doing and friends try to help friends become better and grow stronger.  Isn't that what friends do?  I thought I was going to Brazil to help a friend but the opposite happened to me.  Wow did they encourage me and help me get a bigger picture of what a church could be.   Abba Church has built into its cultural fabric a process of developing leaders and mentoring one another.  That is what friends do -- they help each other.  Let's be friends.  Check out some more pics here
 

No comments:

Post a Comment